Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Icecream all round I say ... because we can 😀

@Carlachris 

Your words are so supportive ... thank you.

I hope your ice cream was delicious

I like the idea of head phones and music

I tried to work with Mr W in the garden  this morning but it is was not working so I came away and have spent the morning mostly on the phone. 

It's finding a way  to be in the right head space to do that rather than feeling hurt and breaking down 

So appreciate your support 

Thanks @Former-Member things are a bit settled this week, it ebbs and flows as we all know 😊. Hope all is well for you?

24E5F3DE-1EA3-4515-9293-EAEC07F14CF9.jpeg

Big cyber-hug for anyone who needs one ..... 💕

@Dunks @Sophie1 @Carlachris @Former-Member @Sasha_86 @Determined @fraser845 @Former-Member @Shaz51 ...... anyone I have missed ?❣️

Startibg to consider whether my mr.’s go-go-go-go all day every day could be mania ? Dunno ..... and dunno what I would do with that information even if the answer is yes or maybe ..... all I know is that we need to stay out of his way or he either becomes aggressive or goes into a melt-down, which is aggressive anyway ...... and the few moments in the day when he is not completely driven are otherwise quite civil.

@Sasha_86 

BPii symptoms in relation to hypomania have stabilised following a med tweak ... yay

Anxious distress has been debilitating for Mr D.

Hope you enjoyed the coffee and some time out @Sophie1 @! Saturday mornings are always my time of the week (when I can!) for me to just do me, coffee shopping, brunch with friends or just sitting back and sinking myself into a good book! Ive also been getting reiki of late which is so healing and helpful 😊

@Former-Member  @Faith-and-Hope  @Dunks  @Carlachris  What do you all find is helpful self care wise to keep you moving through the days and nights?

Small steps and small wins hopefully @Former-Member  things stay stable for a little while for the both of you!  

When tension gets high and stays that way for a few weeks, I do the plaza neck massage thing ..... and I include a lot of walking in my week (if I can walk somewhere, I do, sometimes in combo with public transport) .....: I take myself off for quiet coffees in  (relatively) calm environments ..... and forget about everything else when I am in an art studio at uni for a couple of hours ......

@Sasha_86 

@Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Sasha_86 @Carlachris @Sophie1 

Well for me it has been spending time with my dog,  gardening,  reading .... so note to self  ..... start doing them again lol

Great idea @Faith-and-Hope 

I was only just talking to darling about a foot massage at the local shopping centre.

But then the thought of getting presentable enough to go back into town was too much lol. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.