Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Looking for help... where to start?

Hi @Lokison 

I am sorry to hear. I don't want to scare you but sometimes abuse is kept as a secret. Not saying this is the case...I've never told my parents what happened to me. Go easy on you, being a parent is the toughest job ever. It sounds like you are a wonderful parent. Welcome to the forums 🙂

So I asked a direct question, about why she doesn't want to see a male clinician. It stems from one of her bullies fathers being a psychologist, he called her a drama queen and some not very nice names for accusing his daughter of bullying. Which makes sense, I guess.

Thanks everyone I feel like I can maybe breath a little. It is good to have somewhere nonjudgmental to vent.

That makes sense. Well done @Lokison ,

That in itself is progress as far as setting up the right supports for her...no males ✔️☺️

Glad.you are here 🙂

Hi. I know someone who has the eastern CATT team going to her daily. She's pretending to be ok but she's verbally and emotionally manipulating her 16 year old daughter and 27 year old daughter. Her husband has left her a month ago due to domestic violence towards him and 16 year old. She has banned him from the house and banned the 16 year old daughter today. The 16 year old daughter is extremely distressed today and I'm scared for the 16 year old will self harm with the mum in the house. What can we do? 

Hi @Emily7, that sounds like a really tricky situation to try and navigate. From what you've described, I'm wondering if 1800Respect might have some useful resources you could access that might be helpful. They also have a helpline you can access to speak someone if that would be beneficial. I hope that helps and wishing you all the bery best, 

TideisTurning 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.