Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

You have done a remarkable job to get to this day and feel it all but know it will pass @CheerBear. Others find it hard to know why these anniversaries affect us year after year. We are the only ones with the damage and chaos created from someone which was out our control (but still we tell ourselves we should have known or did things differently years after the event). 

I kind of said a glib comment the other day and regretted it afterwards. It’s ok to be in your nest today and share with those who get it and feel the feels you need to. Grief and trauma will always need some gentleness and kindness and being able to be in a nest until it’s passed. I hope with each year that passes it is a little less intense but I imagine those dates of anniversaries will stay with us for a long time and while they do it’s ok to not be ok on these days. This is for today 

99072053-2444-4C8A-AA25-CE4290F6403F.jpeg

My DDay anniversaries are always filled with guilt and shame and should haves. They are when i remember my friends that were his victims that have not got justice as well. I’m sure yours are very different but you will have specific memories that come with today. My hope is that become a bit foggy over time for you.

when you have sat with all these very painful, angry, hurt feelings and they have passed I suggest you get a giggle at theses and use them as girl power motivation. 

(it may not pass moderation though, so sorry if anyone is offended) They are meant to be a way of rising up again. 

768591F0-3B11-4AB9-9234-8431FC4E2C5A.jpeg7792868D-26B8-4AB1-8462-B80FE112E85A.jpeg

F3F568C7-AFD6-4812-9761-E6F47C38C665.jpeg

@CheerBear 💜🌈

thinking of you @CheerBear 🌈🌈🌈

@CheerBear . So many feels right now for you. 💜💕💜💕 So proud of all you have and are achieving.  Sitting quietly with you in and through your pain. 💜💕💜💕

Love it @Teej .... ^^^

Very big thank you for listening @Gazza75 @Zoe7 @Teej @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie. Teary reading some of the getting it and the kindness you posted ❤ I really appreciate you all.

It's been a pretty emotional day but I've been okay enough with that. A couple of years ago on the first anniversary I wasn't okay at all and I've been thinking a bit about that and about how different things actually are now. I marked that first anniversary with a full of feelings tattoo. I put this pic up at the time as it's kind of the idea behind what I had done. 

14-05-50-1.png
I think back then I desperately wanted to believe this but I don't know if I really did. I know I do (mostly 😉) believe it now and that's what I'm going to take from today. 

Definitely time for me to put this day behind me now. I'm glad it's (almost) over as it has been playing on my mind. Thanks again for the part you play in my journey ❤

💜💐 @CheerBear 

Thinking of you @CheerBear  and sending love your way.  Read your post elsewhere and really feeling for you.  Hope upon hope that you get the action you need from your landlord today.  HeartHeartHeart

@eth thank you heaps. I know you get what it's like to be stuck with rental/house stuff like this and you also get what it's like to have something trigger lots of big stuff. Things going wrong with the house can send me bananas.

I imagine you'd fight hard for your rights with this one. I think I'm up for a fight here🙁

Really appreciate your message/s ❤ I hope today has started well for you.

@CheerBear   you could actually use the situation to say that the landlord has breeched the lease and get out with much less notice ....... but I totally get what a major hassle finding a place and moving is.  That's why I suggested Anglicare, and I think Catholicare does it too, for a place to be immediately while you sort out a longer term situation.  Community housing such as Compass, if it exists where you are, is another possibility. 

Not in any way pushing you either way, stay or go, just letting you know there are services out there that can help if you want them too.  A womens centre would also be able to help.  Or there's the tenant's union if you need back-up to negotiate with your current landlord.

One other idea as a temporary part solution is to buy a cheap camping stove to see you through for a bit.  

Just thinking out loud about your situation.  Hope you don't mind.  Lots of love xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.