Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

@Teej Heart

Hugs @Teej 💕 💕 💕

💜 @Teej hope you can distract from your thoughts and feelings a bit .....

Are you up for a tag team @CheerBear ? 

Thought you might be. @CheerBear Another night I didn’t sleep 😴. Maybe soon I hope.  

Hey there and yes for sure @Teej (even though I'm not totally sure what tag team is lol) 😊

How's it going?

It means I tag you leaving the night shift while you start the day shift. ...I think. Just swapping over I think all itusually means. @CheerBear 

Strange. I’m strange at the moment. It feels the calm before the storm. I was in a really bad place yesterday and sh in a way I hadn’t for ages. Possibly the effects have worn off now. I called cat the day before again 😬

How are you? 

That makes sense haha @Teej. I like bumping in to you during the tag team hours.

I missed a bit at the end of last week but has there been something that's happened to push you into this place you've been in? It sucks that it's been so hard for you. Calling cat might be one of those mixed feelings ones maybe, but it's great you reached out to them.

I'm going OK thanks. One good day (yesterday) can often shift things a bit for me. Yesterday was a great day. I did well at my gig thing which made me feel good, and it got me out of intense family mode. Helps that the kids are back at school too.

Adding - did you do family dinner last night? How'd it go (if you did)?

I’m glad things are feeling a little bit more manageable again @CheerBear . I can imagine getting back into your familiar routine with school helps.....and the work gig thing that brings lots of rewards.

i had a horrible call to my son. He was doing family dinner for the first time at his place. I couldn’t go, I couldn’t put the mask on and for the second time this week I cried and cried on the phone to him. He was so disappointed that I couldn’t come. There is a chance it’s meds with the depression. Cat talked to psych who said to stop taking them today. Cryptically speaking I started a game of Noah’s arc yesterday afternoon not caring about the consequences but got through ok just haven’t slept now. I have psych today and I am so scared about what comes next. 

Have you got a busy day today? 

Oh that one would have been very ouch @Teej 😔 That feeling of a kid (or kidult) being disappointed stings. I know that you need to do what you need to do even if it might disappoint others, but it doesn't feel good at all.

By meds do you mean the new one? If so maybe there's some light in knowing there's a reason beyond you for what's happening, and maybe some hope that tweaking it could help. What's the fear about with psych (if you want to talk about it)?

Today is a school meeting early. Part of my gig there has been working to involve the school council kids with us. One of mine and their friend have been invited to our meeting to present a report to us on what they've been doing in their school council. They're taking it very seriously which is cute. Then it's counselling for me. It might be my last session with my amazing cushion counsellor who helped me work through my big pickle. I'm really sad about saying goodbye to her as she's been incredibly awesome, but I'm super thankful for the role she has played in my journey. That's about it today.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.