Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

@SleepyPanda I haven’t had email notifications turned on for about 6 months but this morning some emails came through from posts on the rough time thread out of the blue. I’ve reset the settings and it isn’t happening now. Until a few minutes ago I wasn’t receiving bell notifications but that seems to be back now. Thank you for looking in to this. 🙏

Yes I have been @Teej My team lost last week so are out of the finals which start this weekend. I am not really as interested in watching other teams but will probably watch the grandfinal. 

@CheerBear 

I have had to work through relationship stuff from the paternal side. For a while there is was so tricky to have a relationship with them. Then medical things happened and suddenly they weren’t so invincible. With that invincibility came vulnerability and a calm acceptance of things that were previously unacceptable. I think from my perspective it helps to see them grow. It’s probably quite different for you but it came as a blessing for me. It also changed relationships again for the better for my boys. 

Having said that that I know that you are in the middle of very messy with having things forced in a time sensitive way. It has taken me a couple of years to come to this.

G'day @CheerBear 

I've been out of action for a long time...... Just got back from San Fransisco for a month......almost back in the swing of things.......

Hi everyone

I spoke to IT about the notifications issue. They think it is connected to individual email addresses rather than a system wide issue. I am collecting a list of members who are being affected and IT will follow up.

You might want to check your junk/spam folders.

I will provide updates as they become available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

SleepyPanda

Oh @PeppiPatty So lovely to see you back. It is a bit exciting that you have been away for a holiday. How was it?

@SleepyPanda Emails and notifications are coming through for me now so whatever the issue was is fixed for me. Thanks for the update though. How have you been?

Thanks for sharing what you have @Teej. Did you find that you were in a position of accepting things that were unacceptable or was it that he was in that position?

This is going to sound terrible but when the sick started not too long ago, there was a time when it would have been less sad to be the end (I'm putting this in a way that is much nicer than it is/felt like). Over the last couple of months especially, it is like facing death has made them appreciate life and therefore the people in their life. That's now going to become even more that way I think (It seems it already has). I'm angry that it has taken this long but I'm glad they've had that realisation though.

The reasons I haven't drawn a firmer line in the sand in the past are because they have always been great with my crew and because it would have put more pressure on well one. Those reasons are about other people and had it not been for them, I think I would have walked away a while ago. It is a mash. Past stuff matters but I have to let go a bit now so that the future is better maybe. Working this stuff out sucks! 😏

Thinking you might be off to lunch and flowers now. Hope it isn't too hot and sticky where you are. 30s here today with lots of humidity - blegh!

Hi @PeppiPatty. Nice to see you. Hope your trip was enjoyable 🙂

DEar @Zoe7 

How are you ? I have thought about you and hoping that you are well.......

Im about to run off to a funeral.........

but will write when I get back about the holiday.

It was quite heavy. I didnt pay for anything, my brother paid for the holiday for me to see how he works........ but it was very necessary to get close to him and me and hhopefully my brothers.....thats another story.

My poor brothers. I had no idea how affected they have been by Mum. I truly thought it was only me.

It's great to be back...

images.jpeg

I'm doing quite well @PeppiPatty Work is taking a lot of energy out of me but I am getting through. It sounds like your trip was eye opening Smiley Surprised

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.