Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Hi Everyone Todays Acheivements are 1 having a shower,2 thinking more constructively rather than being negative in other words problem solving,3 laughing a bit more

Thank you so much for starting this discussion @Judi9877 🙂 Such a great idea!

My achievements today are: 

- Ticking through my to do list

- Getting in a load of washing before work this morning

- Getting up before my alarm (I always find this hard to do, so big win for me today)

hello @Judi9877 Smiley Very Happy

I have done a load of washing and hung it out 

also did the food shopping today xx

Hi everyone.

It has been so encouraging to hear what you are achieving!

And thank you so much for your kind words re the loss of my mum. It's heartwarming.

Today I:

• got myself to 2 appointments, and my kiddult to 1
  • emailed the school re a problem
  • wrote a grocery list for tomorrow
  • got meds from chemist

Getting up has been hard of late, and to all of you who experience that and do it anyway, well done - it's a start!

Thank you @ShiningStar for the reminder re not comparing ourselves to others - so important!

@Judi9877 @LostAngel @Appleblossom @Eve7 @kenneth2483 @BPDSurvivor @Last-Lament @Former-Member @RosieDreams @NatureLover @Former-Member @Emelia8 @SJT63 @saltandpepper @Mazarita @Shaz51 @Snowie and all passing this way

way to go my @frog  for today xoxo

Today's achievement: Got out of bed to eat lunch.

Way to go @frog ! 

Had an amazing, near pain free day and flew through multiple tasks in near record time - to my complete amazement, especially after being laid up with the massive migraine. It usually takes me 3 days to recover from that type of migraine. I'll take it as a win. 

Today I made Atayif - something like a semolina pancake - just to try the recipe as it sounded so nice when I saw it on the ABC website. Had to do some research re the recipe, and had to add some flour to as I'm sure the recipe is not accurate, but it worked and they are great for sweet or savoury, so another win.

Also cooked up the getting old apples to make a filling for the pancakes. 

Crocheted a nylon tulle scrubbie for cleaning the shower. 

Washed, dried, put away towels and cleaning cloths. 

Prepped and am cooking dinner. 

Washed the dishes.

Started a new tunisian crochet project - a poncho/shawl design where I'll be learning new stitches and using up left over yarn. 

After having been in such a state of depressive immobility for so long, I'm wishing I knew what/ how I managed it 'cos I'd bottle it and use it sparingly to make it last!!!

So glad to hear so many are managing to do the things they want, and need, to do. You're all very inspiring. 

Hi @Judi9877 @Last-Lament @saltandpepper @Shaz51 @frog 

My day's achievement is: I've reached Friday on my first day back at work, and I was home BEFORE 4pm!

What an amazing thread! Thanks @Judi9877  for starting  this thread! 

Oh well done @BPDSurvivor  that's an achievement. I'll bet you feel good too, probably tired, but good.

I'm sitting here thinking there's another achievement I've had today. I had a bit of a list of things I hoped I'd get done yesterday and today, it was a moveable list. Usually, when I don't get a thing on my list done I feel like I might as well have not done anything in the day, whatever I have done is worthless because of that one thing I failed at completing. 

I wanted to make my Anzac biscuits; as I've run out and I don't eat store bought biscuits. But I did not get that done.

The magical thing is that I'm not thinking badly of myself!! I'm not beating myself up for NOT having gotten that done. 

This is a very, very unusual feeling. I hope it lasts, I feel like I could begin to heal if I could keep this sensation.

Just also including: it's not a side effect of meds, I don't drink, or partake of mind altering stuffs. 

I feel like I'm smiling inside. I needed to share that 'cos it's huge for me.  

Have a great weekend everyone. Heart

Congrats @Last-Lament ! That is certainly a HUGE achievement!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.