Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

Have booked in to get my hair done tomorrow ... one of the things I fell behind in doing, still a bit later than recommended but an improvement on previous times.

Hair and nails are major struggle areas for me @Former-Member , so I target them for self-care activities now.

Hi @CoffeeandBooks 👋.....

@CoffeeandBooks 

Your user name = a fab self care tip

Coffee + book,  in a garden = blissimages (23).jpeg

images (47).jpeg

@Lemonjuice 

You might pick up some carer tips that are helpful in this thread.

@Determined  @Jacques @wombats @Patrick @MarkPage @patientpatient @Dadcaringalone  @AdamB @Alan 

Just a quick reminder that todays Topic Tuesday discussion this evening is about Being a Male in a Caring Role and you can find the information about it  here

Screen-Shot-2014-07-22-at-3.00.09-PM.jpeg

@Ali11 mentioned in another thread how that self care is not really about spoiling ones self and I agree, it is about respecting ones self.  Extending these respect basics towards ourselves enables us to better care for our loved ones.

Great reminder and visual @Former-Member! These graphics are really helpful. Was talking with a friend earlier about simple things like how you feed yourself being an act of love for your body Heart

How you feed yourself is probably a practical outcome of self respect @Ali11.  

Our healthy eating began to counter side effects of Mr Darcy's medication. Now I am doing it for myself.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.