Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 dimensions of wellness

I have moved house 7 times as a child & 24 times as an adult....that I can remember, I had to write them down to try to count. I think I remembered them all. As life has changed so has my location, or vice versa. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Were you able to manage your environmental wellness @luckymeaunty 

Interesting term  'environmental wellness'. Currently I have extremely Good environmental wellness. I think I could say Excellent environmental wellness. I haven't heard the term before, but if I consider the many facets that it may include, I could tick lots of boxes with a Yes, healthy.  It has varied over the years. ...thank you for posing the question. Something to ponder. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member @Scoo 

Smiley Happy

Hey @luckymeaunty 

That is a lot of moves.

Smiley Surprised

I had more when I was a child than an adult! Somehow I am blessed with a home now, and also the weight of the responsibility of maintaining one home these days.  

@Shaz51 

Hugs Bella.  A new journey for you may be good to distract from the trauma and hardship of all the losses due to the fire.

Environmental wellness can be as huge a theme as we want to make it.  I have suffered from real estate snobbery all my life.  It is both difficult and real. Living in dirty traffic congested areas and areas of low socio-econoomic levels with a lot of random violence around ... coming through the wall, and in the street and  ... in the atmosphere.

Now at my age I give back to the environment, by sharing my plants and recently found there is a trendy term for it ... guerilla gardening.  It has a slow positive effect, one that is hard to measure.  Lots of people still dump rubbish, but many others, young and old, are uplifted by my little gardens ....

Former-Member
Not applicable

it is a huge topic @Former-Member  and includes the circumstances, people, things, and events around us that influence our lives.  it extends to the towns we live in along with nature,  land, sea, air, plants, and animals. it is about occupying a pleasant stimulating environment that support well-being. it is about living in harmony with our surroundings and taking action to care for and protect it.  it has elements of both giving and receiving where we not only support our own environmental well-being but by also allowing the environment to support ours.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Memberimages - 2021-01-12T092137.163.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Those places are getting fewer. @Former-Member 

The population is growing, but many people are becoming aware, so I try and focus on the good.

Smiley Happy

hello @Former-Member , doing a refresher couse here , very interesting reading it all again 

interesting how some things have changed over the time 

than i came upon the financial part of iT, interesting to say now that mr shaz wants more 

i have never felt that way at all 

@luckymeaunty@Scoo@Sophie1@Appleblossom@FindingStrength , @Former-Member , @Boo13 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51

Mr Darcy & I have really benefited from listening to Dave Ramsey YouTube videos which popped up on my feed (no doubt as I did some research on budgeting for this thread - example attached).

I also  looked up the "envelope system" which can be done in a virtual way and I have found an app that I thought I would try in relation to this.

Having a written budget seems to be a core component of any financial management system. 

I am the spender while Mr Darcy is the saver and I am trying to get myself better organised so that when the time come I hope to be better prepared to manage things myself. As I am on carer payment and Mr Darcy is on DSP so things will change. I have got some help through the carer gateway in relation to future needs around employment too and have been considering what occupational wellness will look like for me.

https://youtu.be/4Eh8QLcB1UQ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.