Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

chemonro
Senior Contributor

The S word

I tried to make a post about a drama about mental health which talks about the S word. And I got a message that I can't use that word on the forum? <br><br>Is that right? Seems like a potential elephant in the room issue to me?

If your can't talk about it, how can you recover from it, get support for it, and destigmatise it?
4 REPLIES 4

Re: The S word

Hello Chemonro,

We've many people bring this to light, and we are learning and making changes thanks to members - like yourself - voicing their concerns.

The purpose of having the automatic filter was to prevent triggering words and ensure safety of community members. But after a lot of feedback from members like yourself this was reviewed and is going to change. It might take a few weeks to implement. So thanks for you input and patience. 

kristin
Senior Contributor

Well said Che, I've been going on about it for around 2 weeks now (sometimes behind the scenes via email), and you've said it so succinctly. I'm so relieved they've listened and are changing it.
Best regards,
Kristin

Yes me too, can't type bl@@d test, which seems daft as plenty of people regularly get bl@@d tests for all kinds of reasons.

Hi guys,

This is in the process of being revised.
I will keep you all updated.

Thanks
Nik
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.